Every applicant for a learner´s licence shall present himself before the licensing authority on such date , place and time , as the licensing authority may appoint , for a test and satisfy such authority that the applicant possesses adequate knowledge and understanding of the following matters, such as:-
- The traffic signs, traffic signals, hand signals and the rules of the road regulations.
- The duties of a driver when his vehicle is involved in an accident resulting in the death or bodily injury to a person or damage to property of a third party.
- The precaution to be taken while passing an unmanned railway crossing, etc
- Applicant have to come for preliminary test along with all documents originally and copies attested by Gazetted Officer of the Central Government or of a State Government or an Officer of a local body who is equivalent in the rank of a Gazetted Officer of the Government or Village Administration Officer or Municipal Corporation Councilor or Panchayat President.
- Licensing authority shall put to the applicant questions of objective type regarding 3 (a),(b),(c) & etc, after getting satisfactory answers from applicant, licensing authority will issue learner licence in Form no 3 which is valid for 6 months.
- After getting learner licence applicant can start to learn driving a vehicle but during learning a valid driving licence holder of same or above category of vehicle will seat besides the applicant. Applicant shall affix a symbol of �L� at front & rear of the vehicle, which is easily visible for other drivers & people on the road.